Leina's Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Leina's First 2 months


On April 11th our little girl made her very surprising entrance into this world. She wasn't supposed to come until May 21st but at 9:30pm on April 10th my water broke at home and off to the hospital we went. My labor was very easy. When I got to the hospital I was already 3 cm dilated an 80% effaced. Three hours later I asked for an epidural and was 6cm dilated. After I got my epidural (which was heaven on earth) I went from 6 to 10cm in an hour and a half. I pushed for 40 minutes and Leina was born. She was 5lbs 3oz and 18 3/4 inches long. She was perfect but had to spend 23 days in the NICU. That was the longest and hardest journey so far. There is nothing harder than leaving the hospital without your daughter and going back and forth to visit her. She is doing very well now. Still on oxygen but other than that absolutely perfect. I will try and keep this up to date with pictures and her progress. Look for more to come, she is the cutest baby I ever saw (of course I am biased).

No comments:

Post a Comment